Hiya to whoever is reading this,
Welcome to the 5th part of my Healthy Food series! If you wanna check out the rest of the series, i’ll have them linked at the bottom of the post! =)
You know that feeling after dinner, and you’re kinda hungry but you don’t wanna splurge on something unhealthy like ice-cream. You’re not in the mood for fruit or just plain yogurt, then this post is for you! It has some really yummy recipes that will fill you up, without feeling guilty =)
Please use your common sense and don’t eat anything you’re allergic to!
1) Peanut Butter Drizzled Frozen Bananas
These frozen bananas taste awesome and are like little ice-cream chunks of awesomeness. They aren’t an immediate dessert, but if you have a little bit of time, you could keep a pre-made stock in your freezer so you can just grab them as you pass =)
– First, cut the banana into large chunks
– Using your choice of topping (e.g. peanut butter, almond butter, melted dark chocolate, etc.), drizzle it over the banana pieces
– At this point, you can either juts put the banana pieces in the freezer, or you could press some raisons, chocolate chips or chopped nuts into the drizzle, it up to you!
2) Healthy Banana Ice-Cream
This healthier ice-cream alternative is amazing, especially on hot spring/summer days (i miss them so much, even though i love winter!)
– First, cut the banana into small chunks and freeze for 1-2 hours
– Blend in a food processor or blender. It’s really loud but you have to blend it until it stops looking like crumbs and is smooth and creamy.
– Feel free to mix in some peanut butter, chocolate chips, raisons, etc. here for an extra treat =)
3) Toasted Nuts and Seeds
This is a simple recipe but obviously not one for you if you’re allergic to nuts or seeds, sorry! My dad makes these all the time and we usually have a little box in a cupboard to grab a handful from if you’re feeling slightly peckish! =)
– Spread all the seeds and nuts of your choice (my favourites are almonds, pecans, pumpkin seeds, walnuts, brazil nuts, etc.) in the grill pan and put under the grill
– Different ingredients will take different amounts of time to toast nicely, so i suggest just keeping an eye on them to make sure they don’t burn!
Hope you aren’t feeling too hungry by the end of this and if you make any of these, it would be awesome if you left a picture of you’re masterpiece in the comments! =)
Feel free to like, comment and subscribe!