Hiya to whoever is reading this,
I’m not entirely sure whether i’ve done this post be fore, but hey, We’re gonna go with it. =)
I’ve been on a pretty big health kick recently so i’ve had to find food/meals that are healthy, but are also super tasty. It also has helped me practising my previously pretty much non-existent cooking skills and my family are glad as i’ve made dinner and lunch every night for the past 4 days. These are some recipes that i’ve been making and if you try any of these out then please comment a pic, it would be amazing to see your awesomely (hopefully) edible masterpieces =)
(i completely forgot to take pictures of the food i made as my parents ate it before i could =(
P.S. This is part 1 (or 2) of a new series so stay tuned for more in the upcoming days =)
1) Nutmeg & Banana Porridge (or oatmeal depending on where you live)
This is a super tasty breakfast that really fills you up for the day as it has slow releasing energy (oats) and even if you don’t like porridge, the flavours of the banana and the nutmeg really improve the taste =)
– First, mash one banana with a fork and mix in 2-4 teaspoons of nutmeg (cinnamon would also work well, or both of them together)
– Then add however many handfuls of oats or porridge mix you need, into a non-stick saucepan (i usually go with 2 handfuls of oat per-person)
– Mix in some milk, i usually just judge it by eye but the oats should be just covered by the milk.
– Then add the nutmeg-banana mix to into the pan and cook the porridge as usual (you could switch to a microwave at this point but i prefer using the hob)
– If you are using the hob then keep stirring it!
– Once it’s fully cooked, i tend to put it in a bowl, mix a bit more milk in and add more nutmeg and decorate the top with banana slices.
2) Pepper-Ring Egg
This is an amazing source of protein as well as vitamins and minerals, and will definitely keep you full until lunch. You could even cook these the night before and have them cold the next day, the choice is yours =)
– First, cut a pepper (red, green, yellow, it doesn’t really matter) into rings THEY WONT WORK IF THE SIDE BREAKS
– Then, spread some olive oil inside a frying pan and let the oil heat up (the olive oil is still healthy, don’t worry)
– Once the oil/pan is hot enough, put the rings inside the pan and crack the eggs into each ring
– Wait until the underside is cooked, then flip the egg over MAKE SURE IT IS COOKED ON BOTH SIDES!
– Bon Appetite! =) (that is definitely not how to spell it sorry!)
3) Smoked Salmon Scrambled egg
This recipe is a perfect way to add some healthy flavour to average scrambled egg, and fish is also really good for your nails, hair, skin and brain too (ADDED BONUS!) It is super quick and easy to make and is perfect for any sort of morning =)
– First break your egg into a bowl (i usually go for one egg per person) and beat it until the yolk and whites are combined
– Then add a small amount of milk, be sure not to add too much, a little dash will work fine
– Melt a little butter, olive oil, low calorie spray, etc. into a sauce-pan ( i suggest non-stick)
– Once the butter has melted/oil spread + hot, add your egg mixture and stir in torn up pieces of smoked salmon
– Keep stirring until the egg and salmon solidify and become officially scrambled!
– Enjoy on toast (preferably wholemeal) or one its own =)
Hope you guys liked these recipes! If you have any other questions, comment below and if you do make any of these then please comment a picture!
Feel free to like comment and subscribe! =)
P.s. the short story winners will be announced soon! …